Sunday, May 26, 2013

The Summer I Turned Pretty (Summer #1) by Jenny Han

Synopsis

Belly measures her life in summers. Everything good, everything magical happens between the months of June and August. Winters are simply a time to count the weeks until the next summer, a place away from the beach house, away from Susannah, and most importantly, away from Jeremiah and Conrad. They are the boys that Belly has known since her very first summer--they have been her brother figures, her crushes, and everything in between. But one summer, one terrible and wonderful summer, the more everything changes, the more it all ends up just the way it should have been all along.



Title: The Summer I Turned Pretty
Series: Summer #1
Genre: Romance, Summer Read, YA
Pages: 276
Ages: 12-17
Date I Finished: May 25th, 2013
Rating: 4 Stars
My Word: JER-I-MI-AH

Review
 
Some Spoilers throughout review!!

It's about time I read this book!

This book is definitely a summer read, I must say. I loved basically everything...

The Plot: Very creative. Usually only one boy is involved, but Jenny Han incorporated THREE boys (the more the merrier!).

The Characters: I loved Belly and her personality, yet I didn't like some of the decisions she made :( *cough cough* the end. I LOVED Jeremiah LOVELOVELOVED him, you have no idea. Cam wasn't even that bad! They had the cutest moments together,(Inside joke to readers who've already read the book: "IOU one skinny dip" :')) and she just ignores/forgets him in the end D:. I HATE the decision she made with CONRAD. Okay, he was such a jerk in the beginning to the middle of the book and I know he was just releasing his sadness and all that, but JEREMIAH was so much nicer D:. Taylor=SLUT and I'm happy Belly never brought her again.

Well, I guess that's what sequels are for ^^.

Let's just hope Cam and Jeremiah come back in Belly's love life ;).

The Ending: No, just no. Conrad is OK, but not the right boy for Belly. Although, the ending WAS kind of cute. (I'm a sucker for ANY kind of romance, including CONRAD :') )

This review is pretty boring, a few GIFs would've been better, but I'm lazy :9.

Total Overview: Summer read that had a lot of cute moments in it :). And especially Belly never really left her inner kid self which I like ;). TEAM JEREMIAH. (There I go again)
★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment