Friday, March 28, 2014

Champion (Legend #3) by Marie Lu

Synopsis: "He is a Legend.

She is a Prodigy.

Who will be Champion?


June and Day have sacrificed so much for the people of the Republic—and each other—and now their country is on the brink of a new existence. June is back in the good graces of the Republic, working within the government’s elite circles as Princeps-Elect, while Day has been assigned a high-level military position.

But neither could have predicted the circumstances that will reunite them: just when a peace treaty is imminent, a plague outbreak causes panic in the Colonies, and war threatens the Republic’s border cities. This new strain of plague is deadlier than ever, and June is the only one who knows the key to her country’s defense. But saving the lives of thousands will mean asking the one she loves to give up everything.

With heart-pounding action and suspense, Marie Lu’s bestselling trilogy draws to a stunning conclusion."


Title: Champion
Series: Legend #3
Genre: Dystopian, Fantasy, Science Fiction, ROMANCE
Pages: 369
Ages: 12+
My Rating: 4 Stars
My Word: YAASSS, #DatEndingTho
My Fave Quote(s): ""Hi, Metias," I say in a soft voice. "Today's my birthday. Do you know how old I am now?"
I close me eyes, and through the silence surrounding me I think I can sense a ghostly hand on my shoulder, my brother's gentle presence that I'm able to feel every now and then, in these quiet moments. I imagine him smiling down at me, his expression relaxed and free.
"I'm twenty-seven today," I continue in a whisper. My voice catches for a moment. "We're the same age now"" (360).


"“Then Day reaches out and touches my hand with his. He encloses it in a handshake. And just like that, I am linked with him again, I feel the pulse of our bond and his- tory and love through our hands, like a wave of magic, the return of a long-lost friend. Of something meant to be. The feeling brings tears to my eyes. Perhaps we can take a step forward together.
“Hi,” he says. “I’m Daniel.”
“Hi,” I reply. “I’m June”" (369).


Review:
 *sighs* Well... another series has ended from my bucket-list which is bittersweet.

I can't believe I finished the series D:. I remember reading the first book of the series when I was in 7th grade! And two years later I have finished the last :(.

This book was mind-blowing, and romantic and JUST AMAZING OKAY? AND let me just say... THE ENDING LITERALLY MADE THIS BOOK THE BEST BOOK EVER?!?!1!11!??!1!

Okay, I'm not gonna go forever fangirling about the ending, but let's just say this was me reading the last chapter:


The ending is now one of my favorite endings EVER. It was so good of an ending that I am adding a new category for "Best-Endings-Ever" on GoodReads. Now some of you may think the ending is horrible or heartbreaking, but seriously?! Now, I'm not gonna put any spoilers, but let's just say that I thought it was a cute ending and totally different and creative! (<---World's biggest understatement)

Now the plot was good! Not every day to I read books of war and dystopia...oh wait I do... but not like that. The only thing that was kind of iffy for me was that it just didn't seem realistic that Africa would have supplies to help the Colonies at war...even fifty years from now :/.

The characters were fantastic, and I loved more new characters like Pascao, the more-mature-Tess, and of course DAY AND JUNE. I'm not a big fan of Anden at all thought; he was just in the way from the Day and June action to be brutally honest. And I'm so happy that Marie Lu made June SMART and LOGICAL throughout the series unlike some authors who make their main character so dumb it kills me. The way Marie Lu describes the relationship with Day and June; how June gets chills when she hears Day's voice or how Day thinks June is the most breathtaking out of everyone, really kept the story going for me.

Idk maybe it was a bit rushed, but overall I thought it was an action-packed and romantic last edition to the series and I am so happy that I got to read the books! And let's be honest here, nothing beats the first book!--even though this book was so good! Like seriously I've never read a book so creative before :O. I can't wait to read more of Marie Lu's books :D.
★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment