Friday, June 27, 2014

Through the Ever Night (UtNS #2) by Veronica Rossi

Synopsis: "It's been months since Aria learned of her mother's death.
Months since Perry became Blood Lord of the Tides, and months since Aria last saw him.

Now Aria and Perry are about to be reunited. It's a moment they've been longing for with countless expectations. And it's a moment that lives up to all of them. At least, at first.

Then it slips away. The Tides don't take kindly to former Dwellers like Aria. And the tribe is swirling out of Perry's control. With the Aether storms worsening every day, the only remaining hope for peace and safety is the Still Blue. But does this haven truly exist?

Threatened by false friends and powerful temptations, Aria and Perry wonder, Can their love survive through the ever night?

In this second book in her spellbinding Under the Never Sky trilogy, Veronica Rossi combines fantasy and sci-fi elements to create a captivating adventure-and a love story as perilous as it is unforgettable."

Title: Through the Ever Night
Genre: Science Fiction, Dystopia, Romance
Series: Under the Never Sky #2
Pages: 341
Ages: 13+
My Rating: 5 STARS
My Word: Emotional :(:
My Fave Quote: (throughout review)

 

Review

“Aria stood. She wanted to hold him and sob with him. Give it to me, she wanted to scream. Give me the pain. Let me take it from you” (285).

Jesus.

This book held my heart. In the beginning of the book, it pounded gently and evenly with pure love. Then, nearer to the end, it would pound faster and faster, getting out of control, until it eventually fell out of grasp and landed on the floor, in a million pieces.

My heart is in pieces, and the ending was like a meager attempt of sewing it back together.

Two main reasons why this book was amazing: LOTS of suspense (even more than the first book) and LOTS of beautifully written romance once again.

God. So much sadness and love and life and confusion and happiness all in one book. One minute I was bawling with Roar and Aria, and the next I was laughing with Perry. I was so bipolar when reading it, my mom must've thought I was crazy (sorry, I'm not sorry).

The suspense throughout it just made me grip the book harder, turn the pages as fast as I could to read on. What could possibly happen? Who's going to die? Will the succeed? I needed to know those answers. Also, all of the things in this book connected, and it explains everything, with Cinder, Liv, Hess, everyone. At the end, my mind was blown, everything just fit together.

And god that ending. Seriously Rossi? Leaving it at a suspenseful moment. I have a stack of library books that I just checked out yesterday, but I'm tempted to go back and get my hands on the next book. The "Dwellers" and the "Savages" are so completely different, that I'm so curious as to how Rossi has written the last book.

Now I can't forget about the romance. Beautiful once again.

“Aria laughed. That was attractive. She smelled like horse.
‘Do you ever miss anything?’
Perry smiled. ‘You, all the time’” (99).

“’We’re together now,’ he whispered against her forehead.
‘The way we should be.’
She closed her eyes and relaxed her breathing, seeking calm. He was rendered to her. Maybe he’d feel it too. ‘Sleep, Perry.’
‘I will,’ he said. ‘With you right here, I will’” (121).

“’Love is a rebellious bird that nobody can tame,’ she said. ‘It’s from an opera called Carmen.’
Liv narrowed her eyes. ‘Are you the bird, or is my brother?’
Aria smiled. ‘I think the bird is the connection between us…I’d do anything for him,’ she said, and realized that it really was that simple” (233).

“Aria kept her gaze on his face. On the blond stubble across his jaw, and the bend in his nose. She could look at him forever. She could spend her life watching him just blink and breathe that close to her” (321-322).

“Aria watched, silent in his arms. His gaze trailed over the curve of her shoulder, the slope of her cheek. The dark flick of her eyelashes as she blinked. His heart filled with hurt. Hers. His. Her understood exactly what she felt” (333).




Never have I been more serious when I say that I wish I had a relationship like Perry and Aria. They love each other so much and so intensely that it makes me want to tear up whenever I read about their feelings for each other. WHY DO THEY HAVE TO BE SO PERFECT?

This book was simply amazing. It earns a true five stars and I will read the last book very soon.
★★★★★


No comments:

Post a Comment