Sunday, July 13, 2014

Boomerang (#1) by Noelle August

Synopsis: "Welcome to Boomerang.com, the dating site for the millennial gen, with no-fuss, no-commitment matchups and where the action on the job is steamier than any random hookup

Mia Galliano is an aspiring filmmaker. Ethan Vance has just played his last game as a collegiate soccer star. They're sharp, hungry for success, and they share a secret.

Last night, Ethan and Mia met at a bar, and, well . . . one thing led to another, which led to them waking up the next morning—together. Things turned awkward in a hurry when they found themselves sharing a post-hookup taxi . . . to the same place: Boomerang headquarters.

What began as a powerful connection between them is treated to a cold shower, courtesy of two major complications. First, Boomerang has a strict policy against coworkers dating. And second, they're now competing for the same job opening in the fall.

As their internships come to an end, will they manage to keep their eyes on the future and their hands off each other, or will the pull of attraction put them right back where they started?"


Title: Boomerang
Genre: New Adult, Rom-Com
Series: Boomerang #1
Pages: 336
Ages: uuuhhh this is awkward since I'm not a "new adult" (I encourage everyone to read everything disregarding the age range....my age range is just a preference)
My Rating: 3.5 stars
One Word: FunAndFlirty
Fave Quote:

“What are you thinking for a theme?’
‘Theme?’ Ethan sits with his eyes closed, face turned up to the sunlight. His smile holds such contentment that I feel almost guilty bringing up actual work.
‘Yes, for the booth. For the show. What do we want the design to be?’
He sits up and squints at me, shading his eyes. How about something sports themed? You know, ‘Have fun. Score big.’
‘Ew’
‘Come on,’ he insists. ‘We’re not eHarmony. I’s not about lifelong commitments. Nothing wrong with some fun.’
‘I know, but-“
‘And we’re called Boomerang. That’s already sporty. How about, ‘play hard, throw it back?’
‘Okay, that’s even worse.’ I try to contain my hair so I can give him a solid glare, but it’s no use. ‘And what exactly is the ‘it’ in that little slogan?’
He grins. ‘You know.”
‘No, sir, I do not. Because it sounds like you’re talking about lady parts. Like, ‘use them up and throw them away, boys.’
‘That’s crazy,’ he protests. ‘It’s lady and gentleman parts. You’re free to throw it back, too.’
I laugh.’ So, that’s the image we’re unveiling for our investors? Sex organs whipping through the air?’" (144-145)


Actual rating: 3.5 stars

Wasn't expecting to read this book, but once I downloaded the first 19 chapters for free, I needed to finish it!

Let me be honest, this is one of my first new adult books, and I was curious to find out how "Noelle August" would write the romance for this age group. I was definitely satisfied right from the beginning. It reminded me of one of the romantic comedies that I watch way too much ;).

This book was funny and flirty and totally a summer read. I liked the book, but unlike other books that I would give 5 stars to, it didn't pull me in or keep me turning pages. However, it was fun to read and had me laughing out loud at some parts. The character's personalities were funny, quirky, caring, and all-round amazing. Mia and Ethan were so cute and you knew that they would somehow find there way to each other in any situation. I loved reading about their jealousy once they had to watch others on dates, and their jokes and their feelings.

Great predictable, but super funny and original book to read over the summer!

★★★1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment