Friday, March 16, 2012

Ender's Game (Ender's Saga #1) by Orson Scott Card

(Holly's) Synopsis: It's the future, two invasions have occured from the alien "buggers", and another one is sure to come. Ender Wiggin, the I.F.'s only chance of winning this third invasion, is pushed hard to become the best commander he can be to win this third invasion. Everyone is worried if he will do what they hope, save the world. Now it's all up to Ender Wiggin to save the world ad become the world's most known soldier. During his overwhelming journey, he tries as hard as he can until he is about to break. And by break, it's when he gets confused between the real world and his frightening nightmares. Also, he finds surprises that no one could imagine along the way. Will he achieve this almost impossible goal?


Title: Ender's Game
Series: Ender's Saga #1
Genere: Science Fiction, most certainly NOT action
Pages: 324 (Seemed much longer!)
Ages: 12+ (Some parts may be hard to understand)
Date I Finished: March 16th, 2012
My Rating: 3 Stars
My Word/Phrases: CLEVER, MAY MAKE YOU YAWN THOUGH

Okay, before I start this review, let me ask you a question: Do you love the Hunger Games book/series? Okay, when you have that answered and said yes, here's another question: If someone said that this book was very similar to the Hunger Games, would you have high expectations of it? I thought so. Because that's what happened to me. Let me get this straight, Ender's Game is no where NEAR as fabulous as The Hunger Games. Some people are crazy if they said this book was like the that book. First of all, it had no action WHAT SO EVER. I've also heard that Suzanne Collins got her idea of The Hunger Games from this book, which may or may not be true. Okay, sorry, whoo! Just had to get all the bad stuff out there first. Now, aside from relating this book to the Hunger Games, I think it was so/so. By saying this, I literally mean so/so because some parts of this book were great, (the end part) and some were boring. But! Mostly, a lot of parts of this story I had to force myself to read. Sometimes, I'd be counting the PAGES until this book would end. Now, I'm not trying to be mean to this poor book, it's just that I'm more a fan of action books, and this had none of it. Imagine you are fantasizing of you being Katniss Everdeen, and kissing Peeta in the middle of a cave, and the next minute shooting people with arrows. Now, imagine being Ender Wiggin, the main character, also a 6 year old for part of the story, playing a virtual game on his desk (desktop) and learning how to become a soldier, and also having mixed feeling about this and that. If you chose Katniss Everdeen, your an action lover and would hate this book. But, if you chose Ender Wiggin, then DING! DING! DING! This book fits your fancy. Personally, I'd pick Katniss Everdeen, but don't get me wrong, this book had me addicted during the end. That's why I changed it from a two star to a three star in my mind. It was basically the whole beginning until I got near page 250 that I started to get excited. I have to admit, it was boring for me, but that may be because I love action books. Okay, now I'll talk about the GOOD things. This book was very clever because it had the main character, Ender, realize some things at the end from before that were actually a reality. I won't go further from there, though because I don't want to give too much away! I think I would be VERY claustrophobic out in space and all. Card explained everything so well, that I thought I was a part of it as well. Lastly, not just the end got me hooked, also when Ender and his army play the games against other armies. Okay, finally, I basically had mixed feelings on this book, so I think three stars was the perfect fit.
★★★



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment