Sunday, July 7, 2013

Requiem (Delirium #3) by Lauren Oliver

Synopsis
"They have tried to squeeze us out, to stamp us into the past.

But we are still here.

And there are more of us every day.

Now an active member of the resistance, Lena has been transformed. The nascent rebellion that was under way in Pandemonium has ignited into an all-out revolution in Requiem, and Lena is at the center of the fight.

After rescuing Julian from a death sentence, Lena and her friends fled to the Wilds. But the Wilds are no longer a safe haven—pockets of rebellion have opened throughout the country, and the government cannot deny the existence of Invalids. Regulators now infiltrate the borderlands to stamp out the rebels, and as Lena navigates the increasingly dangerous terrain, her best friend, Hana, lives a safe, loveless life in Portland as the fiancĂ©e of the young mayor.

Maybe we are driven crazy by our feelings.

Maybe love is a disease, and we would be better off without it.

But we have chosen a different road.

And in the end, that is the point of escaping the cure: We are free to choose.

We are even free to choose the wrong thing.

Requiem is told from both Lena’s and Hana’s points of view. The two girls live side by side in a world that divides them until, at last, their stories converge."
 
Title: Requiem
Series: Delirium #3
Genre: Romance, Sci-Fi, Dystopian, Cray-cray
Pages: 391
Ages: 14-17
Date I Finished: July 7th, 2013
My Rating: 5 Stars
My Word: I'll miss this series so much :'(/BEST ENDING
 
Review
 
FINALLY, I finally read the last book to this series, and boy was I satisfied! Although you may see the five stars I've rated this book, it wasn't nearly as good as the first one (I'm still obsessing over the first book) and it still wasn't even as good as the second! But, that obviously doesn't mean it can't get five stars. You can never go wrong with the last book of a series! The real reason I was absolutely fine with this book was the ending.

Yes, that probably seems predictable. The ending is always the best in the end of a series ladidadida. BUT, if that's what you are thinking, you have NO IDEA why this ending was so great.

Maybe it's just me, but the boy Lena picked and the absolute happiness she was feeling in the end was enough to make me do this:

description

Seriously, the ending was perfection. I've wanted Lena to pick that boy throughout the whole book and I'm so happy she did.

I love all of the characters, especially how Lauren Oliver makes Hana's feelings toned down, but her observations really high, just like a person would be like when they have the cure. Julian and Alex were so different, yet amazing boys. (Yet I liked one a little better than the other for Lena ;) AKA the one she chooses in the end. HUGE SPOILER-->>>Ok, I can't handle it anymore, Alex was always perfect for her omgomgomg, and how mcuh they loved each other in Delirium and how great they are together I...JUST...CAN'T<<<--HUGE SPOILER I just thought their love story was so much more beautiful than the other one, except the two boys are both perfect *o*. Why can't they be real??)Also, Lena's "new" self is so bad ass (LOVE IT) and hardcore. "The old Lena is dead."

That moment with Hana and Lena together was one of the best moments in the last book :') it made me shed a tear. I also LOVE how Hana wasn't cured too perfectly. AKA the dreaming, the guilt she felt of Lena, the regret, etc.

Additionally, each end of the chapter made my stomach do back flips. The writing was beautiful, but of course it is because it's Lauren Oliver writing this for crying out loud. The plot, on the other hand, wasn't as GREAT as I expected. My expectations are high for every one of Oliver's novels. Obviously, the plot had to be what it was because the resistance had to make a stand, but the suspense wasn't as great as it should've been. BUT the writing totally made up for it with it's perfection and beauty.

Anyway, sorry for this unorganized review, but I couldn't write the review right after I finished the book--what I usually do--or else my review would've been 100% better.

Lastly, I have to brush up on the ending ONE LAST TIME because it was that perfect. It's not just the romance or the fact of happiness that made this ending so perfect; it was great because of how INSPIRING it was.

"All of you, wherever you are: in your spiny cities or your one-bump towns. Find it, the hard stuff, the links of metal and chink, the fragments of stone filling your stomach. And pull, and pull, and pull.

I will make a pact with you: I will do it if you will do it, always and forever.

Take down the walls."
★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment