Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Shadow Kiss (The Vampire Academy #3) by Richelle Mead

Synopsis: "It's springtime at St. Vladimir's Academy, and Rose Hathaway is this close to graduation. Since making her first Strigoi kills, Rose hasn't been feeling quite right. She's having dark thoughts, behaving erratically, and worst of all... might be seeing ghosts.

As Rose questions her sanity, new complications arise. Lissa has begun experimenting with her magic once more, their enemy Victor Dashkov might be set free, and Rose's forbidden relationship with Dimitri is starting to heat up again. But when a deadly threat no one saw coming changes their entire world, Rose must put her own life on the line - and choose between the two people she loves most."


Title: Shadow Kiss
Series: Vampire Academy #3
Genre: Romance, Fantasy, Only vampire series I like
Pages: 493
Ages: I would say 13+
Date I Finished: July 16th, 2013
My Rating: 5 Stars
My Word: OHMYGODTHISCANNOTBEHAPPENING

Review
(I wrote this review on GoodReads last night at around 12:30 AM so excuse me for my written down crazy feelings...yeah...)
**********BTW SPOILERSPOILERSPOILERS DO NOT PASS THIS POINT IS YOU HAVE NOT READ SHADOW KISS BY RICHELLE MEAD YET**********
WHY?!?!?!

I'm seriously crying right now.

There are tears streaming down my face.

I thought....I thought there was supposed to be a happy ending.

I thought wrong.

Throughout this book, I had mixed feelings. Not about how I felt about the book, but about the feelings I felt as if I were Rosemarie Hathaway herself. I was so happy when Dimitri and Rose finally got to be together and decided that they shouldn't pretend like they didn't love each other as much as they did.

Richelle Mead, why do you have to twist my mind?!?! Everything went so smoothly, so perfectly until the DAMN ENDING.

How could Rose be so strong in the end? With no one, not even Mason's ghost to have as company on the beginning of her journey to kill the one she loved. And what she did to Lissa-ditching her like that-I felt so bad, but it had to be done because Rose needs to have closure.

Everything is wrong. Wrong wrong wrong wrong!

I want the happy Rose back, I want Dimitri back, I want Mason's ghost back, I want everything to be right.

Okay, I'm sorry for the rant, but someone had to damn say it! The characters were PHENOMINAL. Every bit and scrape of each character's personality just made sense. Dimitri's hard, yet soothing when he wants to attitude (that's all gone now); Lissa's psycho, black, eery personality seeping in from her magic; Christian's sarcastic, sneery comments, but his understanding attitude; Adrian's fun, teasing love for Rose, only it was more serious than us readers thought for him; and lastly, Rose's crazy, badass attitude, yet understandable bursts of madness she got when Dimitri went all Strigoi on her.

The storyline was pretty much the best thing I've ever heard of. It's like a kid having ice cream before dinner: they get the delicious, cold dessert until they realize that they still have to eat their gross brussels sprouts afterwards. That's what it was like for me. Hard, cold, nasty brussel sprouts in the end, yet I loved it.

I loved the way Rose thought she was insane when she first saw Mason's ghost. I loved the airplane ride back where she started screaming from the "hallucinations". I loved Rose's outburst of anger when Lissa passed on her mad, crazy anger to Rose, and I loved when Dimitri saved her from it. I loved the intimate moment with Rose and Dimitri ;). I loved the damn Strigoi attack, and Christian and Rose killed half of them together. I loved the way Rose would never give up. I loved it when Lissa finally realized that Rose loves Dimitri.

I loved all of it.

Just not the damn ending.

I have to kill myself if the next book is just as depressing as that ENDING.

That's all I need to say. The books have never gotten worse since the first one so far, so it better not in Blood Promise!!!!
**(Yeah, like I said...I get crazy sometimes when I just finished a book at 12 in the morning, and I decide to write a review right after, sorry.)
★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment