Sunday, July 14, 2013

We'll Always Have Summer (Summer #3) by Jenny Han

Synopsis: It's been two years since Conrad told Belly to go with Jeremiah. She and Jeremiah have been inseparable ever since, even attending the same college-- only, their relationship hasn't exactly been the happily ever after Belly had hoped it would be. And when Jeremiah makes the worst mistake a boy can make, Belly is forced to question what she thought was true love. Does she really have a future with Jeremiah? Has she ever gotten over Conrad? It's time for Belly to decide, once and for all, who has her heart forever.




Title: We'll Always Have Summer
Series: Summer #3
Genre: Contemporary Romance, YA
Pages: 291
Ages: 12-17
Date I Finished: July 13th, 2013
My Rating: 5 Stars
My Word: CANTHISHAPPENTOME?

Review


B-t-dubs, don't read this unless you've read this AMAZING BOOK already 'cause...you know...spoilers.

Throughout my teen years so far, I've been expanding the variety of genres of books, and leaving my old favorite: contemporary. Now, I must say that I love Science-Fiction romance more than contemporary romance.

BUT NOT THIS BOOK, BABY!!!

I died. Literally, I think I could die at the end.

BEST. ENDING. EVER.

Okay, I didn't even like Conrad throughout the first book, and I kind of started to like him a little more in the second. BUT, the third book...I FELL IN LOVE WITH HIM. Jeremiah started to get so freakin' annoying throughout this book, while Conrad started to get so amazing. Jeremiah would start eating Belly's food, CHEAT on her, get drunk all the time, have his "frat boys" around, and if I were Belly, I'd dump him right at the spot.

I seriously LOVED these specific characters in the last book: CONRAD, because he's so much more sane than Jeremiah, and he is just PERFECT. LAUREL, because she knew Conrad so well, and she is the perfect mom for Belly. And Susannah, because even though she died, she was always thought about, and I think I miss her as much as the characters in the story :O.

It was something about this book...I think it was the ending of every chapter. It made me have to take a deep breath and absorb what just happened. The emotion would pile high inside of me when a chapter ended so beautifully, sad, amazing, suspenseful.

This last book of the Summer series was by far the best. I'll never forget the love shared between Belly and Conrad, and I too hope that I will have that love one day.

Anyway, I'm being too mushy. Might as well stop my review now before I go too in depth by the greatness of the ending of the series. I absorbed every bit, every word of that last chapter. It actually meant so much to me, and made me think of what my future will be with a boy. Here's the quote (last sentence of it all) that can explain why I feel this way.

"This is our start. This is the moment it becomes real. We are married. We are infinite. Me and Conrad. The first boy I ever slow danced with, ever cried over. Ever loved."

This journey through the Summer series has influenced me to do what I want, and if a boy I love loves me for me, then I'll be happy. It was a hilarious, laughable, heartbreaking, influential, memorable, amazing series to watch Belly's journey from her little kid troubles with Conrad, to her heartbreaking decision between the two boys on her wedding day. I will forever love this series, and it will always have a piece of my heart; just like Belly with Conrad :').

 

EDIT: I came across this picture and it reminded me of the book :')
★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment