Thursday, December 26, 2013

Spirit Bound (Vampire Academy #5) by Richelle Mead

Synopsis: "Dimitri gave Rose the ultimate choice. But she chose wrong... After a long and heartbreaking journey to Dimitri's birthplace in Siberia, Rose Hathaway has finally returned to St. Vladimir's-and to her best friend, Lissa. It is nearly graduation, and the girls can't wait for their real lives beyond the Academy's iron gates to begin. But Rose's heart still aches for Dimitri, and she knows he's out there, somewhere.

She failed to kill him when she had the chance. And now her worst fears are about to come true. Dimitri has tasted her blood, and now he is hunting her. And this time he won't rest until Rose joins him... forever."

Title: Spirit Bound
Series: Vampire Academy #5
Genre: Fantasy, Romance, YA, badass
Pages: 489
Ages: 14+ (foul language sometimes and a sexual-ish scene)
My Rating: 5 stars (more if I could)
My Word(s): Unbelievable HolyFreakinMoly
My Fave Quote(s):

"If I learned anything about life and love, it was that they were tenuous thing that could end at any moment. Caution was essential-but not at the cost of wasting your life. I decided I wasn't going to waste it now" (438).

"He has no right to threaten my boyfriends. I'm eighteen. An adult. I don't need his help. I can threaten my boyfriends myself" (39).

"What are you, Rose Hathaway? Are you real? You're a dream within a dream. I'm afraid touching you will make me wake up. You'll disappear" (439).
(So many more quotes I love, but I will strongly suffer through just so you guys could get to the review...)                
Review

Excuse my language, but HOLY. SHIT.

I..I have no words. This book just mentally killed me. Like, I can't even asdfghjkl; I'M DYING

Okay, okay I will try to actually write a decent review right now as my mind is swirling as to what may happen next. First of all, the whole damn plot I loveloveloved. Every plot so far in the Vampire Academy series has been amazing and it keeps getting better as the books continue.

I'm sorry, but I still can't comprehend everything. First with Dimitri and then the Adrian and Rose thing and then....AND THEN THE ENDING with the letter and Abe and I just can't even.

You can kill me right now.

The plot was so engaging just from the beginning where Rose put her earlier plan from the book Blood Promise into action. After that I couldn't even guess at all what would happen next, let alone think that Lissa would do what she did to help Rose out with Dimitri.

Okay that's all I'm going to say because by god I know that I will accidently type a spoiler because it was just that good that I can't help it. Anyway, I'm going off topic. Let's go to the characters...

I freakin love Rose Hathaway she has always been by far the top on my list of fictional role models because of her quick mind and the way she sticks to what she believes in and defends herself and all that...but this book just made me love her even more if that was possible. I literally worship her and my god the events that happened in this book and her actions and just everything...YES.

And Lissa and Christian I love them both hands down...

Adrian...oh Adrian I just love him and he has gotten such a better personality and a more serious tone (well... sometimes) in this book. I really really hope it ends well for him because we all know Rose still has her heart out for Dimitri and through this book I'm like Oh Rose, you are just leading him on and you don't even know it....

And lastly, Dimitri. I really don't want to say any spoilers so I'm just going to say this to all readers who've already read the book: YES.

Okay, I don't want to continue this forever in fear that I'll never stop. So, this was the fifth book in the series and I'm really wary of starting the last book because of the ending of this book and I'm scared for the outcome and because it's the last book in the series and I really don't want it to end for me D,:
★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment