Friday, September 19, 2014

Sinner by Maggie Stiefvater

Synopsis: "A standalone companion book to the internationally bestselling Shiver Trilogy.
Sinner follows Cole St. Clair, a pivotal character from the #1 New York Times bestselling Shiver Trilogy. Everybody thinks they know Cole's story. Stardom. Addiction. Downfall. Disappearance. But only a few people know Cole's darkest secret -- his ability to shift into a wolf. One of these people is Isabel. At one point, they may have even loved each other. But that feels like a lifetime ago. Now Cole is back. Back in the spotlight. Back in the danger zone. Back in Isabel's life. Can this sinner be saved?"

Title: Sinner
Genre: YA, Romance, (kind of supernatural?)
Series: #4 The Wolves of Mercy Falls (but a standalone)
Pages: I returned my book to the library already but I'd say: 352
Ages: 14+
My Rating: 3 stars
One Word: OK
Fave Quote: UGH the troubles of returning my book to early... I remember part of it:
"Don't let me leave you," -Isabel from idk page

Review
FINALLY FINISHED THIS BOOK. You have no idea how long it took me. In all fairness, however, I did re-read the entire Shiver series books so I could remember everything. The downside of re-reading the series is that I loved them so much, that I had high expectations for this one.

This book was not like the rest of the series. I expected a lot of wolf and maybe Stiefvater could've given me a little Sam and Grace? Nonetheless, it was a cute book (I say "cute" in a positive way). This book was mostly centered on Cole and Isabel in L.A. The only wolf aspect of the book is that Cole turns himself into one whenever he feels depressed and wants to take drugs. After he turned into a wolf when it was cold, I expected the wolf part of the book to get a little more problematic and serious, but Stiefvater kind of just totally ignored it after that.

Cole is the best (in today's language I'll say: Cole is bae). The reason is that he can totally put up an act, when inside he has feelings and all that jazz. I can also picture him as smoking hot, so that's a plus as well. Isabel sometimes annoyed me, I have to say. She was too emotionless and then the end happened so quickly and all of a sudden she had all of these emotions, saying "I love you" with a huge smile on her face. Excuse me but that is not Isabel-like at all.

I didn't really understand the plot, since the wolf thing was very minor. It was basically Cole doing his show and Isabel working and Cole calling Isabel, repeat. I really wasn't too satisfied with this book; it wasn't one of Stiefvater's best, but nonetheless still good. I really wanted some Sam and Grace though. :(
★★

No comments:

Post a Comment