Sunday, August 9, 2015

Fairest (The Lunar Chronicles #3.5) by Marissa Meyer

Synopsis: "In this stunning bridge book between Cress and Winter in the bestselling Lunar Chronicles, Queen Levana’s story is finally told. Mirror, mirror on the wall, Who is the fairest of them all? Fans of the Lunar Chronicles know Queen Levana as a ruler who uses her “glamour” to gain power. But long before she crossed paths with Cinder, Scarlet, and Cress, Levana lived a very different story – a story that has never been told . . . until now. Marissa Meyer spins yet another unforgettable tale about love and war, deceit and death. This extraordinary book includes full-color art and an excerpt from Winter, the next book in the Lunar Chronicles series."

  Title: Fairest
Series: The Lunar Chronicles #3.5
Genre: Fantasy, Dystopian
Pages: 220
Ages: 14+
My Rating: 3 stars
One Word: creepy AF
Fave Quote: N/A (too lazy to look)

  Review 
In great anticipation for Meyer's next novel, Winter, I decided to contain my impatience by reading Fairest, the prequel to Winter. This book gave me problems in that I wasn't sure if it were a novella or a novel. I was so confused though because who would make a #3.5 in a series? Like, do I have to read this book in order to understand the next book? Should I read it? Is it worth it? IS IT A NOVEL OR A NOVELLA?

The good thing about this book (novella?) however is that it is nice and short which I needed for the car ride back from Florida (17 hour car ride=NEED A BOOK!!) so I decided to pick this baby up at the library. Considering that I haven't read the last book, Cress, in a while, I had to catch my brain up on the world of Luna. Once I had that down, I was very fascinated in Queen Levana's story in how she sort of became a messed up psychopathic woman from her sister Channary's dominance over her, to Levana's crazy evil thoughts about Princess Selene, to her even more disturbing actions over Evret.

OH MY GOD HOW MESSED UP IS THIS WOMAN!!!?!?!?!? I was thinking this throughout the whole story because although there was good reason to understand her psychotic brain (her childhood story), she just became so deranged that I had to put the book down and read the same passage from far away to make sure my brain wasn't tripping with me. Poor, poor, poor Evret. His life was totally ruined because of Levana and poor Selene (although thankfully I know Selene's outcome from the previous books ;)). I mean, in the beginning I was a little sympathetic to her ugliness and bitchy sister and all that, but after that I was like this girl deserves no sympathy whatsoever. SHE'S A CRAZY BITCH! CRAZY!!!

Okay, that's all I have to say about this book. The reason I gave it 3 stars was because how fucking creepy it all was, which was good for Meyer's sake showing us how fucked up Levana was, but bad for me because I don't know if I will be able to sleep tonight *_*
 ★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment