Sunday, October 11, 2015

Red Queen (Red Queen #1) by Victoria Aveyard

Synopsis: "This is a world divided by blood - red or silver.

The Reds are commoners, ruled by a Silver elite in possession of god-like superpowers. And to Mare Barrow, a seventeen-year-old Red girl from the poverty-stricken Stilts, it seems like nothing will ever change.

That is, until she finds herself working in the Silver Palace. Here, surrounded by the people she hates the most, Mare discovers that, despite her red blood, she possesses a deadly power of her own. One that threatens to destroy the balance of power.

Fearful of Mare's potential, the Silvers hide her in plain view, declaring her a long-lost Silver princess, now engaged to a Silver prince. Despite knowing that one misstep would mean her death, Mare works silently to help the Red Guard, a militant resistance group, and bring down the Silver regime.

But this is a world of betrayal and lies, and Mare has entered a dangerous dance - Reds against Silvers, prince against prince, and Mare against her own heart.."

Title: Red Queen
Series: RQ #1
Genre: Fantasy Romance, Dystopian
Pages: 383
Ages: 13+
My Rating: 2 stars
One Word: ehh
Fave Quote: N/A

Review
School season has begun and it's the worst time of year because I have probably an hour out of the week that is actually free for me and 1/100000th of the time I can actualy use that time to read so, like I said, it's the worst time of yea -_-.

Ehh I hoped this book would have some slight difference to other dystopian fantasy novels but it was really just bland. Same love triangle, same protagonist problems, same "OMG I'm special and different from everybody else!!!!" storyline. My face was just plank the whole time reading it and the romance was subpar. Both Cal and Maven had no appeal to me whatsoever and Mare was just very annoying and had no personality.

I may have liked this better despite the fact that I am sleep deprived and overloaded with homework, but still, it was just not a unique book at all.
★★

No comments:

Post a Comment