Friday, March 30, 2012

Cinder (Lunar Chronicles #1) by Marissa Meyer


Synopsis: "Sixteen-year-old Cinder is considered a techonoligical mistake by most of society and a burden by her stepmother. Being cyborg does have its benefits, though: Cinder's brain interface has given her an uncanny ability to fix things. (robots, hovers, her own malfunctioning parts), making her the best mechanic in New Bejing. This reputation brings Prince Kai himself to her weekly market booth, needing her to repair a broken andriod before the annual ball. He jokingly calls it "a matter of national security," but Cinder suspects it's more serious than he's letting on. Although eager to impress the prince, Cinder's intentions are derailed when her younger stepsister, and only human friend, is infected with the fatal plague that's been devastating Earth for a decade. Blaming Cinder for her daughter's illness, Cinder's stepmother volunteers her body for plague research, an "honor" that no one has survived. But it doesn't take long for the scientists to discover something unusual about their new guinea pig. Something others would kill for.

Title: Cinder
Series: Lunar Chronicles #1
Genre: Fairy-Tell (if that's even a genre) and Dystopianish
Pages: 387
Ages: 12+ (I don't know, it might be hard to understand under 12)
Date I Finished: March 30th, 2012
My Rating: 5 Stars
My Word/Phrase: MADE ME APPREHENSIVE

Oh. My. God. What just happened?! Where did this book come from? Is it just me or does this book have some magical obsession drug and you can't be away from this book more than a minute? WOW. Alright, let me tell you one thing: THIS BOOK WAS SO SUSPENSEFUL!!! Of course, it was based off of the story, Cinderella, but it had a dystopian twist to it. I was so apprehensive throughtout the whole book! Literally, my heart was hammering in my chest trying to tell things to Cinder that she didn't know, or tell Kai things he didn't know. But, come one, no one else felt that this book was like an addicted drug?! In my head, (since I didn't want to act like a lunatic, screaming) I was yelling at Cinder to run faster and tell Kai this and to do that. I couldn't help, but keep reading because throughout about half the book, was this suspenseful part and I NEEDED to read more, because I needed to know what would happen in the end or else I'd die of apprehension. Oh I LOVED the characters! I felt so bad for Iko; her being an andriod and all. She just wanted to go to the ball. Prince/Emporer Kai was, in my head, so cute!! I loved his personality, being funny and carefree sometimes. Oh, but Cinder, how could she say no to Kai?! Even if I were a cyborg and something else that I can't say or I'd give the book away, I still wouldn't help but say yes, considering how cute he looked in my head. The ONLY bad part was that I knew something very important from the book, way before the twist even occurred, but, who knows, it might just be my smartness. :P I really recommend this book to many people who are dysopian/fairy-tale fans. I'm not much of a fairy-tale fan myself, but I was sucked in to this book still! I officially admit it, Marissa Meyer has brought me to the point where I couldn't help but keep turning the pages, and where I literally CAN NOT wait for the next books in the series!
★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment