Saturday, July 28, 2012

The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater

Synopsis: "It happens at the start of every November: the Scorpio Races. Riders attempt to keep hold of their water horses long enough to make it to the finish line. Some riders live. Others die.
At age nineteen, Sean Kendrick is the returning champion. He is a young man of few words, and if he has any fears, he keeps them buried deep, where no one else can see them.
Puck Connolly is different. She never meant to ride in the Scorpio Races. But fate hasn’t given her much of a chance. So she enters the competition — the first girl ever to do so. She is in no way prepared for what is going to happen."

Title: The Scorpio Races
Series: NO SERIES :'( But I wish there were!
Genre: Fantasy, Romance
Pages: 404
Ages: 11+
Date I Finished It: July 28th, 2012
My Rating: 5 Stars
My Word/Phrase: WHY IS THERE NO SERIES? and VERYVERY CREATIVE PLOT
Book Format: Hardcover (from library lol)

Review: I. WANT. MORE. When I finished this book , I was SO SAD it ended. I just fell in LOVE with this book (and maybe Sean Kendrick too ;) ) from the beginning. At first, I was slightly confused about the whole "water horses" part, but once I read more through the book I began to realize why they are apart of the island. Now I kind of want to live on an island where Puck and Sean live and ....wait- enough with my fantasy. Let's get to the book.

The almost main thing I loved about this book was the characters. They were so well put together. Also, Puck and Sean's realationship was progressively built and was written beautifully. You already know, but I HAVE loved Sean Kendrick since the beginning of the book and I wish to be like Puck :'). They are so cute together though, so I could not break their relationship (literally because they are fictional characters! :) ).

The other reason why I loved this book was the whole concept of it. The way Stiefvater described the island, water horses, and the Scorpio Races was so creative and visionary. Overall, this whole idea of The Scorpio Races got me since the beginning of the book and I really wish there were a sequel, but I even searched online if there was going to be a sequel and there is not :'(. But I will never forget The Scorpio Races and how beautifully written it was.

Oh, how I wish I had a guy like Sean Kendrick in my school... :(
★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment