Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Forever (Shiver #3) by Maggie Stiefvater

Synopsis:
then.When Sam met Grace, he was a wolf and she was a girl. Eventually he found a way to become a boy, and their loved moved from curious distance to the intense closeness of shared lives.

now.That should have been the end of their story. But Grace was not meant to stay human. Now she is the wolf. And the wolves of Mercy Falls are about to be kill in one final, spectacular hunt.

forever.Sam would do anything for Grace. But can one boy and one love really change a hostile, predatory world? The past, the present, and the future are about to collide in one pure moment - a moment of death or life, farewell or forever

Title: Forever
Series: The Wolves of Mercy Fall #3 (LAST ONE!)
Genre: Romance, Fantasy, Wolves (yes, wolves gets its own genre :D )
Pages: 388
Ages: 13+
Date I Finished: August 22nd, 2012
My Rating: 5 Stars
Book Format: Hardcover (Library)
My Word/Phrase: SUSPENSEFUL ENDING

Review: This is one of my favorite poems in this book. I was going to type up page 306, because I LOVED how Stiefvater wrote it, but GoodReads doesn't let me do tabs to put space after each line. (You'll know what I mean if you look at page 306.)
"endlich entsch sich niemand
und niemand klopfte
und niemand sprang auf
und da stand niemand
und niemand trat ein
und niemand sprach: willkomm
und niemand antworte: endlich
...
at last no one decided
and no one knocked
and no one jumped up
and no one opened
and there stood no one
and no one entered and so one said: welcome
and no one answered: at last"
(378)
(2 years so far of German paid off ;) LOL even though there were translations in the book)

HELL YES. This series......oh my god, I already miss it :(. THE CHARACTERS: How does Stiefvater make characters like this from her brain? Like,

Isabel: The bitchy one that cares about you without saying it out loud.

Grace: The girl that thinks of everything positively (most of the time), and is friends with Isabel. She has so much to deal with in life, yet she's strong and pulls through, just like Sam, Cole, and Isabel have done as well.

Sam: The guy that cares about Grace in every way. Translated: The guy of my DREAMS. He'll do anything for Grace and the wolves, even if it means being a wolf himself again.

Cole: The hot, good looking, famous guy that realized the quality of life. OH MY GOD I was like, DEPRESSED when something happened at the end that I won't tell you about. I was thinking: BOOKS ARE SUPPOSED TO HAVE HAPPY ENDINGS! (That's my motto from now on ;) ) But, of course, this book quickly stitched my heart back together and the ending was ABSOLUTELY PERFECT.

Speaking of the ending...............WOW. SUSPENSEFUL. When I woke up today, I was like: "Maybe I'll read a chapter or two." and instead I ended up reading the last 50 pages of the book. The whole time I was reading the ending, my hands were gripping the book tightly and I my mind was whizzing by the words as fast as I could. I needed to get to the ending because you can't just stop in the middle of a suspensful part, no no no. Anyway, like I said I'm depressed that this series is over :(, albeit I'll never forget it.
★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment