Wednesday, September 26, 2012

The Death Cure (The Maze Runner #3) by James Dashner

Synopsis: "Thomas knows that Wicked can't be trusted, but they say the time for lies is over, that they've collected all they can from the Trials and now must rely on the Gladers, with full memories restored, to help them with their ultimate mission. It's up to the Gladers to complete the blueprint for the cure to the Flare with a final voluntary test.

What Wicked doesn't know is that something's happened that no Trial or Variable could have foreseen. Thomas has remembered far more than they think. And he knows that he can't believe a word of what Wicked says.

The time for lies is over. But the truth is more dangerous than Thomas could ever imagine.
Will anyone survive the Death Cure?"

Title: The Death Cure
Series: The Maze Runner #3
Genre: Dystopie, Science Fiction
Pages: 324
Ages: 12+
Date I Finished: September 26, 2012
My Rating: 4 Stars
Book Format: Hardcover (lib)
My Word/Phrase: SATISFACTION (at the end lol, I coldn't think of naything else)

From now on I will put a lot of * before and after a spoiler with end paranthesis' so it's not confusing.
There are only two spoilers in this review.
Ex. (************John picked an apple*************) XD
Review: 
Sorry in advance for grammatical and spelling errors in this review
This book took me a while to get through, partially from the lack of excitement and partially from all the school work I've been having DX. Anyway, I was going to give this book a three star, but the ending threw me off and I thought it deserved one more star. The reason I did so was because the end was perfection, it wasn't a horrible ending, where I usually throw my book across the room when that happens, (good thing it wasn't because this is a library book!) or it wasn't a cliffhanger where I have to go online to see if there will be a sequel, and there's usually not a sequel for some reason and I'm left with a cliffhanger! Ughh I hate those. But this ending was where I closed the book and felt sastisfied :).

The character develpoment was an OK throughout the series. I guess for some reason in the first book, felt Thomas was a little lifeless, but as the series progressed, he became more of a wise, main character that you love <3. OMG it was so hard to pick between Teresa and Brenda before Teresa did that horrible thing in te second book that made it so hard to believe she did that for the reason she did! By the end of the thrid book though I was so sad of what happened to her :'(. I realized that what happened to her at the end of the book was from doing the same thing that she did in the second book. (Look at spoiler to see what it was only if you've read it >>> (view spoiler)(***********Save Thomas' life.***********) Aside from that, Minho was my alltime favorite character just because of his personality and the way he can lead so many people <3. Also, (view spoiler)(************RIP Newt, Chuck, Teresa, and the other Gladers :'( haha**************)

All in all, the consept of the story throughout the series, especially the last book, was phenominal and I will never ever forget this series because of the creativity and the connection I created with the characters and the story :').      

No comments:

Post a Comment