Saturday, October 6, 2012

Frostbite (The Vampire Academy #2) by Richelle Mead


Synopsis: "Rose loves Dimitri, Dimitri might love Tasha, and Mason would die to be with Rose...

It’s winter break at St. Vladimir’s, but Rose is feeling anything but festive. A massive Strigoi attack has put the school on high alert, and now the Academy’s crawling with Guardians—including Rose’s hard-hitting mother, Janine Hathaway. And if hand-to-hand combat with her mom wasn’t bad enough, Rose’s tutor Dimitri has his eye on someone else, her friend Mason’s got a huge crush on her, and Rose keeps getting stuck in Lissa’s head while she’s making out with her boyfriend, Christian! The Strigoi are closing in, and the Academy’s not taking any risks... This year, St. Vlad’s annual holiday ski trip is mandatory.

But the glittering winter landscape and the posh Idaho resort only create the illusion of safety. When three friends run away in an offensive move against the deadly Strigoi, Rose must join forces with Christian to rescue them. But heroism rarely comes without a price..."


Title: Frostbite
Series: Vampire Academy #2
Genre: Speculative fiction, Urban fantasy, Young adult literature, Dark fantasy, Paranormal romance
Pages: 327
Ages: 12-17
Date I Finished: October 6th, 2012
My Rating: 5 Stars
My Word/Phrase: IENVYYOUROSE

Okay I realized that the star thing (*********blahblahblah*******) doesn't help anything because it makes it stand out more, rather than hide. So I will discontinue that and make it easier for everybody and have no spoilers. If you've already read the book and want to see the spoilers (I've only got a few) than you can click here: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/291451167 and the spoilers are hidden with the spoiler tag. But now let's begin the review:

Review: Guys, is this bad that I seriously don't know who the guy on the front cover is? It could be Dimitri, or Isiah. Wow I must be dumb lol.

Anyway, I originally wasn't going to do a review on Frostbite, but the ending was phenomenal. It literally ripped my heart in pieces (I cried while reading it :'( ) and wove the pieces back together legit on the last page. But to get this striaght, there was literally not a single boring page in this book.

The mix of the characters' personality were like a sweet drop of sugar on this book; it really halped the book become it's fullest. I say this because of the brave and badass Rose, calm and encouraging Lissa, sweet and rebellious Mason[:'( (hide spoiler)], controlled and powerful
Dimitri, and the list can go on and on.

The plot was alright. It didn't kick up until the last 50 pages or so, but it was still full of emotion which is what I love. Also, the love triangle, or square I should say, with Dimitri, Tasha, Mason, and Rose was just simply amazing. It was pretty suspenseful (yeah, I know, a suspenseful romance :O ) and the last couple of pages made it amazing. I almost cried with happiness hahaha. But surely the next books will screw that up again DX. Anyway, without this lovefest I might've given this book a 2 stars because the romance in this series is more than half of the story.

Loved the past two books and many more to come aha. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment