Sunday, February 12, 2012

The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games Trilogy #1) by Suzanne Collins


Synopsis: "In the ruins of a place once known as North America lies the nation of Panem, a shining Capitol surrounded by twelve outlying districts. The Capitol is harsh and cruel and keeps the districts in line by forcing them all to send one boy and one girl between the ages of twelve and eighteen to participate in the annual Hunger Games, a fight to the death on live TV. Sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen regards it as a death sentence when she steps forward to take her sister's place in the Games. But Katniss has been close to dead before - and survival, for her, is second nature. Without really meaning to, she becomes a contender. But if she is to win, she will have to start making choices that weigh survival against humanity and life against love"

Title: The Hunger Games
Series: The Hunger Games Trilogy #1
Genre: Dystopian, Science Fiction, Romance
Pages: 374
Ages: 12+
Date I Finished It: January 10th, 2012
My Rating: 5 stars, it was amazing!
My Word: UNPUTDOWNABLE (literally)

How can Suzanne Collins come up with such a great plot? She displays that the capitol in Panem shows the other districts that they have the power by putting these Hunger Games out to the districts, where kids fight for survival. Katniss, the main character, goes to these Hunger Games and learns so many things that she never noticed before. During Katniss’ stay at the arena, she experiences the love of Peeta or Gale. She loved each one of them differently. Like, the kisses with Peeta at the arena, and thinking of what Gale said about running into the woods together. I truly couldn’t decide which one she would truly love at the end. I worship Suzanne Collins because of her fabulous talent. This book, broke my heart, made me laugh out loud, and cry for happiness all at once. I don’t know how Suzanne did it, but she made the best book I’ve ever dreamed of come into reality. (book reality, anyway) The characters were all so unique and these charthey really made the story UNPUTDOWNABLE. Every one of them were fabulous. Prim is amazing to me because she is only twelve in the story, but she has to deal with all the dystopian problems of the nation. Even though other reviewers say she is weak, she doesn’t seem at all to me. All the characters worked together to make this story the best I believe it could possibly be. My thanks to Suzanne Collins for creating this new, different, and one of a kind world. I truly loved everything about this book. Suzanne Collins surprised me with it and she showed me this could really happen in the future.
★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment