Friday, June 22, 2012

Amber Eyes (Entwined Souls Trilogy #1) by Jolyn Palliata

Synopsis: "~ Eyes are the window to the soul, in a time when souls are ancient. ~
After an accident, one she shouldn’t have walked away from, Lexi’s life finally begins. She meets Dez, a new student with the most beautiful eyes she’s ever seen. And since gazing into them, Lexi has had vivid waking dreams that pull her back through time, and into the warm embrace of a mysterious stranger—a stranger who becomes all too familiar. When offering an explanation for her detailed visions, Dez changes her world forever with two simple words: Soul mates. 
For the first time in her life, Lexi feels safe and complete. But lingering in the shadows is the embodiment of evil, coveting the light within her. He’s a threat to Lexi’s very existence, and to a love that has transcended time."

Title: Amber Eyes
Series: Entwined Souls Trilogy #1
Genre: Paranormal Romance, YA
Pages: 248
Ages: 13+
Date I finished it: June 22nd, 2012
My Rating: 5 stars! (Wow, I am NOT a critical reader...I give five stars to half my books! :D)
My Word/Phrase: APPREHENSIVE (near the end)
Book Format: Paperback (won it on a GoodReads giveaway!)

Review: WARNING: DO NOT READ UNLESS YOU'VE READ THE BOOK!
       Let me start off with... (view spoiler)GAHHHHH TOBIAS!! D:< *Ahem*...now I will begin. Amber Eyes was one of those books that, by the cover, I didn't expect to be what it was. In this case, it was a good thing! Palliata did a phenomenal job with the writing. Everything seemed so realistic: from the look of Dez's eyes all the way to her memories. I absolutely loved the plot. This was one thing that kept me hooked on to this book. The plot was so surprisingly unique and I loved how Palliata had souls as part of the story. The way she described it made it so believable. Oh, but the way Lexi felt when (view spoiler)Dez left her  made me feel the grief and heartache that she had. For most of the book, I was so into the book that I felt as though I was Lexi. (view spoiler)Ohhhh...and how much I want Dez for my own! ;) Whenever Lexi''s heart skipped a beat, mine did as well; whenever her heartbeat increased from love or anguish, mine also; whenever her heart stopped from fear or shock, my heart did the same. The reason I gave this book a five star, basically, was that Lexi and I seemed to be the same people. I felt that I would do the same things she did during certain parts in the novel.
     
      Anyways, let's move on to THE CHARACTERS! Britney was by far my favorite character beside from Lexi. She could easily understand things and she was a fabulous observer. I would never realize certain elements of the story that she did. I also loved Britney because she was a good friend. She was so nice to Lexi, that Lexi knew that she could tell her the truth about her and Dez. This made me love Brit more when she kept it a secret, but learned things on her own about what Lexi told her. Sydney, Lexi's other good friend, was a less important part in the novel, but still, I got to learn her personality. The only personality trait I didn't like about Sydney was that she could be a bit obnoxious and she wouldn't give up on persuading Lexi to tell her certain things. On the other hand, her peronality kept the story going and made sure that each person had their own, unique, personality. Jason, Dez and Lexi's friend and Britney's boyfriend, was pretty important during the end of the novel while Riley, Sydney's boyfriend didn't have as big a role. Dez, Lexi's boyfriend and (view spoiler)soulmate was very mysteroius in the beginning and I wasn't sure if I'd like him. But, once he told Lexi something important, he became what my dream boyfriend would be. And Lexi, the main character, is funny, while keeping a serious attiude. Also, when (view spoiler)Dez left her she thought that he did that because he didn't love her anymore, which is probably what I would've thought too.
    
     I absolutely loved Lexi's and Dez's moments together in the present and the memorie that they shared since decades ago. All in all, I give this book a five because it deserved it. Palliata did a fabulous job writing Amber Eyes and I'm waiting to hear the release date for Crimson Eyes, the sequel!
★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment