Monday, June 18, 2012

Delirium (Delirium #1) by Lauren Oliver


Synopsis: "Ninety-five days, and then I’ll be safe. I wonder whether the procedure will hurt. I want to get it over with. It’s hard to be patient. It’s hard not to be afraid while I’m still uncured, though so far the deliria hasn’t touched me yet. Still, I worry. They say that in the old days, love drove people to madness. The deadliest of all deadly things: It kills you both when you have it and when you don’t."

Title: Delirium
Series: Delirium #1
Genre: Science Fiction, Romance, Ficiton
Pages: 441
Ages: 12+
Date I finished it: June 17th, 2012
My rating: Over the little star rating system thing...In other words, infinity stars! :D
My word/phrase: SUSPENSEFUL, ROMANTIC, OMG CAN A BOOK GET ANY BETTER, IT FELT LIKE THIS BOOK WAS REAL LIFE (it was that beautifully written!)
Book Format: Paperback (with the little sneak peak to the sequel so I just had to read that!)

Review: OH. MY. GOD. Let's just say...I cried. A lot. But ONLY at the end...for a good 10 minutes. BUT: (DO NOT READ IF YOU CAN INFER THINGS VERY EASILY) I felt better after I looked up a spoiler for the sequel. Then, at night I was so happy I couldn't fall asleep, even though I was sooo tired. Oh wait, back to the story. WOW....this story definitely reminded me of (view spoiler) DON'T READ INLESS YOU'VE READ BOOK! --> [Romeo and Juliet.] The ending shocked me and I couldn't believe what I was reading. It was SO suspenseful. The plot: I LOVED it. Such a unique, plus totally unthinkable plot. I would never imagine such a great idea as a plot. I would never think of love as a disease! Oh, but the characters were REALLY amazing. The main character, Lena, was born into this distopian society, so even though I was getting annoyed at her in the beginning of the story where she's overprotective of herself with Alex, it would be very rational for her to do such a thing, considered she was born and raised to think love was a disease. But, as the story progressed, Lena began thinking of her own opinions about love and what else it could really mean. Also, she was figuring out that the society wasn't what she thought it was, and that it never told the truth all the time. Oh and ALEX!!! Wait....can I have him?? To all these viewers, who have read the book or not, I'm not trying to give anything away!! <---very random to put it in the middle of my review haha! Alex is exactly like the future husband I would ever want. Plus, he cared so much about Lena! Every time something happened between them like when(DON'T READ UNTIL YOU READ BOOK!) (view spoiler)[they run off to the wilds and Alex confesses to her that he loves her...AWWWW!] *Ahem* Moving on...HANA! I've heard there's a prequel for this book called Hana that I'm definetely going to read! Hana, Lena's best friend, is the super pumped up, gorgeous girl that I would SO want to be friends with! Hana and Lena's personalities sort of switch throughout the book, when Lena discovers that love isn't a disease. But, I still love Hana and I can't wait to read the prequel! The ending was the addest thing I've ever read!! And I know that must seem crazy, but if I hear that a book is really deppressing, I literally won't read it, even if it IS good. Oliver's lovely writing made me FEEL like I was Lena, or at least some random person watching them the whole time throught the story. Lauren had the most beautiful written story that crossed my life so far, and I hope it stat there. :) Overall, I fell in love with Oliver's book Delirium and I saw no flaws :).
★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment